More safety tips. Here are things you can do while you’re bowling to minimize the risk of accidents:
- Keep hands and fingers away from the ball return.
- When your ball returns, wait for it to come to a complete stop before grabing it.
- As you grab your ball, watch for other balls that may follow.
- Keep alert, watch for other bowlers.
- After releasing your ball, return to the settee area on your lane. Do not return on a different lane.
- Make sure your bowling shoes are tied and your shoe laces do not drag on the floor.
- If your pants legs drag on the floor, either pull them up or cuff them.
- Do not use any electronic devices (cell phones, iPods, etc) while bowling.
- Only bowlers and coaches are allowed in the settee area. Your friends, siblings and parents are required to remain behind the settee area.
If you do not understand any of these rules, ask a coach to explain it. If you have any additional safety concerns, stop bowling and ask a coach for advice.