Safety should be your first consideration when bowling. Although bowling is normally a very safe sport, accidents can happen. There are several things the bowler can do to minimize the risk of accidents:
- No running.
- No horse play.
- No food or drinks in the settee area. Keep them behind the settee area on the tables provided.
- Make sure you double check the bottom of your bowling shoes for moisture or power. Moisture can cause your bowling shoes to stick and powder can cause your bowling shoes to slip.
- If you use any type of powder, do not use it while on the approach and make sure you do not get any on the floor.
- When leaving the settee area, either change to your street shoes or place a shoe cover on your sliding shoe.
- On rainy or snowy days, remove your street shoes before entering the settee area.
If you do not understand any of these rules, ask a coach to explain it. If you have any additional safety concerns, stop bowling and ask a coach for advice.